* Restoring CD/DVD Family Trees

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
rodit
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Restoring CD/DVD Family Trees

Post by rodit »

Some years ago I created a couple of CDs using the Websites & Family Tree CD/DVD facility.
Recently I decided to revise them and bring them up date. Upon going to do this, they were not listed as being available in the list of Packages available.
Some more recent ones were listed.
I realised that an update to my PC may have been the problem and found the 'missing' folders in a 'new' Drive.
I copied the relevant files to the C drive folder along side the recent ones, opened the Websites & Family Tree CD/DVD and there they were. So far so good. However, upon attempting to edit them, they appeared to be empty.
If I go to the folder in C and hit load.exe, the Trees run as Web pages.
Is it a simple link I have missed connecting the FH interface to the relevant Folders, or do I have to rebuild them from scratch?
Thank you
Roger
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Restoring CD/DVD Family Trees

Post by tatewise »

The 'missing' folders you found are the original 'CD/DVD' folders that were copied to your actual CD discs.
That is why load.exe opens the web pages in your browser.

I suspect they were created in FH V6 before you upgraded to FH V7.
The old FH V6 settings were in a folder called Settings in the Project's .fh_data folder (where the GEDCOM resides).
When an old FH V6 Project is open in FH V7 and the Publish > Websites & Family Tree CD/DVDs... command is first used it says Old website settings file found. Convert to new format? and OK will create the new Package settings.

If that has not happened then I'm afraid you will have to rebuild from scratch.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
rodit
Famous

Re: Restoring CD/DVD Family Trees

Post by rodit »

Thanks, Mike
The CD was created in FH6 as you suggested (2017) and it looks as if i will have to start again.
Cheers
Roger