* FH 6.2

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
SatisfactoryGamer
Family Historian: V6.2

FH 6.2

Post by SatisfactoryGamer »

Hello there, for some reason, my copy of FH 6.2 is now giving the error:

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "mfc100u.dll", error 126.

Other posts here have said to uninstall, then re-install various versions of MS c++ redistributable, from 2010 up to 2018, but this hasn't worked. Sadly, re-installing from the CD is no longer possible, as when I bought this, I had a computer with a CD drive in it, I now do not have one. Please help if poss. Thanks.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: FH 6.2

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Hopefully, CP will provide a link to download the CD install version.

As a general tip, users who still have a CD/DVD drive and disks that they will need again in the future should copy the disks to ISO files that you can store locally, either directly on the PC or externally such as a USB disk or NAS. It’s then a simple matter to reuse them on your next PC, which probably won’t have an optical drive.
Mark Draper
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

The FHUG Knowledge Base advice is in Family Historian Installation Problems under Error 126: DLL Maybe Missing, Corrupt or Wrong Version.

As Mark says, copy the CD to a USB memory stick and install from that instead.

As a matter of interest, how did you install that FH V6.2 CD on this PC originally if it has no CD drive?

You can also download FH V6.2.7 Upgrade from https://www.family-historian.co.uk/down ... ad-archive and install that over your current installation.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry