* Replacing Witnesses with Census Facts after RM8 to FH7 Import

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Mardon
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Replacing Witnesses with Census Facts after RM8 to FH7 Import

Post by Mardon »

I’m new to FH but I’ve already spent considerable time researching how to correctly enter Census data. I’ve concluded that the preferred approach is for each person in a family to be treated as a Principal and have their own Census Fact.

My dilemma is that the RM8 to FH7 import process automatically configured all family members (except the Head of Household) as Witnesses to the Census Fact for the Head of Household. Creating separate Census Facts for all the census Witness entries in my database seems like a massive task.

I’d appreciate feedback if I should go ahead and create all these new Census Facts or just stay with the the Witness approach that the RM8 to FH7 conversion process used. TIA
BillH
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Replacing Witnesses with Census Facts after RM8 to FH7 Import

Post by BillH »

There is a plugin, Give Witnesses Their Own Facts which I believe does just that.

https://pluginstore.family-historian.co ... -own-facts

I would save your file, back it up, and then run the plugin. If you don't like what you see you can revert to the backup. Or if you have not saved or exited FH yet, you can use Edit > Undo Plugin Changes (or something like that) to back out the changes.

Bill