* Age Calculation in Property Box

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Lawrence
Family Historian: V7

Age Calculation in Property Box

Post by Lawrence »

When I enter a range of known dates such as June 13, 1942 to January 18, 1946 in a Fact template with the Period function, the person's age range shows up in the top half of the Property Box in parentheses next to the entry. It also shows up in the Fact template in the Age block and in the Sentence at the bottom.
Except when it doesn't. In entering my father's military service his age range won't calculate. The Age Entry Assistant requires me to make an entry of at least a day, month, year or some combination. It won't accept a range of dates and only displays what I enter and never calculates or displays the range.
I have used this Fact template many times and it works fine. What am I doing wrong in this one case? Screenshot attached.
Lawrence Moeller
Family Historian ver. 7 (just upgraded from ver. 5)
PC with Windows 10, simple system, no modifications or external devices other than a printer.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Age Calculation in Property Box

Post by tatewise »

Lawrence, since you have upgraded to FH V7, please update your profile on the right of your posting.
Click your username, navigate to Edit Profile, select Family Historian V7 then scroll down to SUBMIT.

Unfortunately, you did not attach a screenshot.
See FHUG KnowledgeBase > Forum Usage Tips Attachments for advice.
It seems that ATTACHMENTS are not being accepted just now BUT has now been fixed :D

Automatic Age calculation (in brackets) can only occur if you have entered a Birth event Date for the person and entered a valid Date for the Fact. That is exactly the same as in V5.

You cannot enter a range of Ages via the Age Entry Assistant.

I don't believe any Age (in brackets) ever appears in the Age box nor the Sentence box in the lower pane.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry