* Streamlining Sources in a Book?

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
KayCee
Silver
Family Historian: V7

Streamlining Sources in a Book?

Post by KayCee »

I'm experimenting with using the Books feature to create a working project notebook -- a place to collect the information about a particular individual I'm analyzing.

I'm including a couple of standard reports -- Individual Summary, Family Group, etc.

Problem I'm having is that it insists on appending the source citations to each report separately, and it's making the book very long. I'm looking for a way to streamline it.

First choice would be to create a single Sources report at the end -- something like footnotes, collecting all the references from all the reports. Bibliography doesn't do the trick, because it doesn't connect the sources to the facts, and it won't show the source text.

Second choice would be to show the source footnotes for just the Individual Summary, but not the other reports. I can't seem to find where to turn them off in Item Settings.

Any suggestions?
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Streamlining Sources in a Book?

Post by tatewise »

KayCee, since you mention Bibliography and Footnotes I guess you are using FH V7.
Please update your FH Version shown in the Profile on the right.
Click your username KayCee, navigate to Edit profile, set Family Historian: V7, then scroll down to SUBMIT.

In a Book, it is not possible to disable Sources on selected Reports. The Book Settings... apply to all Reports, so its Sources tab is all or nothing. Sorry!
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Jean001
Famous

Re: Streamlining Sources in a Book?

Post by Jean001 »

As a workaround, in place of the Individual Summary Report plus sources, might you be able to use the Record Detail - Individuals Report?
Jean