* Research Notes - I'm a bit lost!

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
rlparsons
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Research Notes - I'm a bit lost!

Post by rlparsons »

I have not used the Research Note facility previously. I am a simple soul and decided to make, after several years usage of FH from v3 up to my present v7, my first research note. I duly set up a couple of notes with rubbish in them as a test and managed to understand the system. I then decided to delete these test notes and move on to adding some research notes but am unable to delete my test entries! I'm sure it's simple but cannot find a way!
Help please.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Research Notes - I'm a bit lost!

Post by tatewise »

The method of deleting any records is much the same and explained in FHUG Knowledge Base Delete One or Many Records.

In your case, in the Records Window, open the Research Notes tab and select the record to be deleted.
Then press the Delete key on your keyboard or use the Edit > Delete command.

BTW: Your profile on the right of your posting still says you are using FH V6.2.
So click your username, navigate to Edit Profile, select Family Historian V7, then scroll down to SUBMIT.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
rlparsons
Platinum

Re: Research Notes - I'm a bit lost!

Post by rlparsons »

Thanks Mike.
I was trying to delete using the right mouse click menu. Doesn't work!
Must try harder.