* Biggest print size?

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Klaus Yde
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Biggest print size?

Post by Klaus Yde »

I have admission to use a big format printer with roll paper about 80 cm in width. How big trees can i print with FH? 80cm x ?. It seems that about A0 is the limit or??
And is there some tips?

Kind regards

Klaus Yde
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Biggest print size?

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Klaus Yde
Famous

Post by Klaus Yde »

Thanks.
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

If you can actually attach the printer direct to a PC running Family Historian you can print any size up to the width of the printer. Companies like My History print charts many meters wide, but you need to have a direct connection with the printer driver on the PC with FH.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
RJDoggett
Gold

Post by RJDoggett »

This was a very timely post, I had the same problem; the knowledge base was very helpful.

I downloaded and installed PDF Creator. With this, I was able to make a single page PDF of a family tree chart that would take five A0 sheets to print. PDF Creator has a page size limit of 5050 mm in both height and width, but by scaling the diagram in FH (per the knowledge base instructions) so that the diagram was less than 5080 mm wide and increasing the resolution in PDF Creator to 1200 dpi produced a PDF that can be zoomed in on and is clearly legible when looking at an individual person. Note that my intent for the PDF is to primarily enable readers to examine the chart on a screen rather than in a printed sheet.

Many thanks team!