* V6 Source Pane

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
mlfreyder
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

V6 Source Pane

Post by mlfreyder »

I just upgraded to V7 and so far am hating the source pane. I want my V6 source pane back. Can that happen? or do I have to go back to V6?
BillH
Megastar

Re: V6 Source Pane

Post by BillH »

There is no way to get back the source pane from FH 6. There have been several ways described in the forums on how to get it to look similar to FH 6.

When I first upgraded to FH 7, I used the method described here, viewtopic.php?f=32&t=19000#p113270, to make it looks as close to FH 6 as possible.

After using this for some months, I decided it didn't work quite as well as I liked and I started using the FH 7 default look. I have grown to like it fine (most of the time).

Bill
mlfreyder
Diamond

Post by mlfreyder »

I use 2 monitors to see what I need. On the main monitor I have the records window as wide as possible to see the data in columns as I like it, I need to see all spouses.

On the secondary monitor I display the properties and it used to have the sources with "where within" and "notes" windows within the source.

I found that I can click edit in sources and open the windows as shown in my pix but can not stack them as you show in the example.

I have to be able to see the "where within" and the "note" data. V6 was so easy, why make it hard?
Mike
Attachments
fh1.JPG
fh1.JPG (206.5 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
mlfreyder
Diamond

Post by mlfreyder »

Sorry I forgot the most important part... Merci
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

You have the 'Sources for' pane still attached to the Property Box. To get the layout Bill illustrated in that other topic you need to use Tools>Preferences>Property Box and set the Preferred Position for Citation List Pane to Open in New Window. You can then resize it independently of the Property Box.
Lorna
mlfreyder
Diamond

Post by mlfreyder »

I just resized everything and will have to live with it I guess. Not happy they made this change. Thx for your suggestions.

Mike