* Add Name only function

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
WeefordHoldcroft's
Gold
Family Historian: V6

Add Name only function

Post by WeefordHoldcroft's »

I find the very helpful for members which do not appear on the tree. However, if I want to record the vicar for example who officiated at marriage for one member of the family then did a funeral for example for another member I have to create another name only record. There seem no way of linking him to both occasions. Am I missing something? Using V 7
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Add Name only function

Post by tatewise »

I think you are talking about Name Only Fact Witnesses.
They do NOT create any records but simply include some plain text for the person's Name in the Fact Witness field.

If you want to associate the same person with different Fact Witness occasions then you need to create an Individual record for that person and use the Add Individual(s) Fact Witness option, while deleting the old Name Only Fact Witnesses.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: Add Name only function

Post by Jane »

You can use the Add>Unrelated Individual to add anyone to your Project as suggested by Mike and then select them.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."