* Narrative file to include more data

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
jsphillips
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Narrative file to include more data

Post by jsphillips »

Descendants by Generations report
I need to be able to show project name ie file on above Report and also need to show researchers name address etc
How do I do this I have various projects which are similar and need to distinguish by file name
Also When I submit a Descendant report I am asked for my data
This I see can be done by other Genealogy progs
Any help would be welcome please
John Phillips
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Narrative file to include more data

Post by tatewise »

There is the option to include text on every page by using the Report > Options > Page Layout tab Header and Footer.
However, it is probably better to use a Book with a Title Page, Free Text Acknowledgement page, Descendant Report & Index.
See the example Book for The Munros in the Sample Project for ideas.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
jsphillips
Megastar

Post by jsphillips »

Thanks
a little strange
Surely it should be a feature to Include the Project name which has been accessed on every report (see Word files Excel files etc) I have several projects which are similar and have similar records by name ..if i put both reports down I cannot tell which is which. Similarly it should be possible to put in every report etc my name and details which can apply to all projects. Calico surely needs to have user data as part of setup for Family Historian ie name address phones email etc which can by option be added into any project and Reports etc?
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Word files, Excel files, etc, are not part of a Project and only have a filename, which can be added to Header/Footer.
FH Reports can be saved in any filename (like Word or Excel) and the Page Layout tab can set Header/Footer names.
Beyond that you will either have to use Books or some other techniques. You could create a Wish List Request.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
jsphillips
Megastar

Post by jsphillips »

How do I save the Descendants by Generation file either as an Excel file or a Word File ?
It only offers me a text file or RTF ?
Thank you
victor
Superstar

Post by victor »

Save it as RTF file and when that has happened open it then save it again as a word file or PDF
I always save it as a Word file and edit it to suit e.g. make images larger especially census images

Victor
Last edited by tatewise on 23 Aug 2021 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected cendud to census