* Direct Line Narrative

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Gary Carson
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Direct Line Narrative

Post by Gary Carson »

Currently if I want to generate a direct line narravtive report between two individuals X generations apart,

1. I create a subset using a Direct Line query.
2. From that query I put them in a unique List
3. Then I create a GEDCOM file from which I create a temporary new project.
4. Within this new project I can generate the desired narrative with all the detail I desire.

Is there any known way to do this without going through all the steps above.
Gary
Win 10, FH 7.0.15
Jane
Site Admin

Re: Direct Line Narrative

Post by Jane »

I might be missing something here, but could you not just use your query to create individual narrative reports for each person on the line, then include a list from the How Related Report.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
Gary Carson
Famous

Post by Gary Carson »

I do not want individual narrative reports.
Gary
Win 10, FH 7.0.15
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

I think that is necessary if you really need a Narrative Descendants/Ancestors by Generation report with Generation headings.

You can get close by using an Individual Narrative report for multiple individuals and select the records you want.
Ensure they are in generation Custom Order in the Selected Individual Records list.
Set the Report > Options > Main tab, Child Events/Attributes to unticked.
Set the Report > Options > Sources tab, Locations of Source Citations = At end of the report.

That will produce a single report with a separate narrative section for each person in the same order as the Narrative Descendants/Ancestors by Generation report but without the Generation headings. However, it does include the names of siblings of the direct line individuals which may be beneficial.

[ Posted before I saw your reply to Jane. ]
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry