* Person Edit Screen

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
TMG_refugee
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Person Edit Screen

Post by TMG_refugee »

I have a question on the edit screen display.

After an import I get varying results in the display.

JUN 11, 1959 Childparent:
Jul 3, 1956 Medical: suffered a case o pneumonia
1963-1973 Anecdote: Obtained a drivers license
Jun 26 1963 Graduated High School
c Apr 29, 1976 Separation from spouse

What is the meaning of the colons? Some of these facts are custom and some not. Separation is a custom fact as well as Medical.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Person Edit Screen

Post by tatewise »

Can you please not ask the same question on two forums at the same time as advised in Duplicate postings (18312).

My answer is the same as in the FH Mailing list:

I imagine you are talking about the Facts tab of the Property Box of Individual records.

The colons separate the fact Label from its Value for your custom Attributes.
If you check the lower pane for each fact you will see a similar Label with a colon and its Attribute Value.

The facts without colons are either standard Facts (Events and Attributes) or custom Events.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

I notice from this rebuke, that there are other places where questions are asked. Like the mailing list and facebook page.

However, I wasnt aware of them. So if it hadnt come here, I wouldnt have known about it. This is the only forum I constantly check (may be too often and obsessive?) And I do always look particularly at info that crops up relating to people who came to fh from TMG, as I did too.

Why have so many places to ask and answer questions? Why not just stick to or prioritise this forum?
Valkrider
Megastar

Post by Valkrider »

E Wilcock wrote: 20 Jun 2021 10:26 Why have so many places to ask and answer questions? Why not just stick to or prioritise this forum?
The FB group is for people who don't do forums but directs questioners to this forum for anything complex. It is also a show case for FHUG.

This forum is run by the User Group as is the Knowledgebase.

The Mailing List is Calico Pie's.

As a result each is for a different purpose.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

I endorse everything Colin said. :D

And will add: some people don't do FaceBook, some people don't do Forums, some people don't do Mailing Lists. Having a variety of options available makes it possible for people to ask questions in the medium they're most comfortable with.

The same questions will come up in all of the places, asked by different people, but when the same question is asked by the same person in two or more places without waiting for an answer in the first place they tried, it's just extra work for the people who do most of the answering. If you don't get an answer on FaceBook or the mailing list after a reasonable wait (24 hours, I'd suggest), or are invited to bring your question to FHUG for easier communications, then repeating stuff here is fine.
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

Thank you both. Understood. And am glad to know.