* Blank Box

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
Post Reply
User avatar
Suetonius
Gold
Posts: 10
Joined: 18 Jan 2018 13:37
Family Historian: V7
Location: Huntingdonshire, UK.

Blank Box

Post by Suetonius » 09 Jun 2021 21:15

Hi
I created an entry on a tree, which generated a tree 'box'.
The entry was a mistake and I tried to delete it.
The entry disappeared, but the empty box remains.
Every time I generate a chart, I've got to 'Hide' the box, which is really irritating, especially when I forget and print the chart up, complete with empty box..
Does anyone know how to get rid if it?
I've even tried putting in a new entry, which, as expected, fills the box, but when I delete it, the empty box remains.
Anyone got any ideas?

User avatar
tatewise
Megastar
Posts: 22131
Joined: 25 May 2010 11:00
Family Historian: V7
Location: Torbay, Devon, UK
Contact:

Re: Blank Box

Post by tatewise » 09 Jun 2021 21:46

We need a few more clues please.
What type of entry did you create ~ spouse, parent, child, etc?
Presumably, you used the drag from an existing box technique?
How did you try to delete it?
It sounds like you just deleted the Name of the person but not the Individual record.

If you show that family group in the Focus Window can you see the unwanted person?
If so then right-click their box and choose Delete Record.

Has that cleared the rogue box from the Diagram chart?
If so you are done.
If not then use Edit > Undo Delete to restore the deleted person and post a screenshot of the Diagram problem.

BTW: As soon as you realise the error you could probably have used Edit > Undo to remove the mistaken entry.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

User avatar
Suetonius
Gold
Posts: 10
Joined: 18 Jan 2018 13:37
Family Historian: V7
Location: Huntingdonshire, UK.

Re: Blank Box

Post by Suetonius » 09 Jun 2021 22:20

Hi Mike
Thanks for your swift reply.
I might add that the problem with the glaringly obvious is that it isn't until it's pointed out to you ;)
You set me off on the right lines.
It was a spouse that I'd inadvertently entered in the wrong place and deleted (or not).
After your reply, I opened the records page and discovered, against the person involved, two spouse entries (there should only have been one), one of which had no name.
How I manged to do that, I haven't the foggiest.
I simply deleted the no-name spouse entry and Sapristi! all is now sunshine and light again.
Thanks for your help.

Post Reply