* Crashing Diagrams

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
andrewfindlay
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Crashing Diagrams

Post by andrewfindlay »

Hi
I have a problem in FH7 with Diagrams crashing on my (one and only) project. It started happening on a previous computer in FH7 but has recurred on a new install in new computer. I get a warning as the screen blurs when I move the diagram, and programme then closes with no dialog boxes/error messages.

I have a lot of Charts (about 200) a few of which are very large (3000 people). I have also been running the same project intensively for about 3 years and GEDCOM now has around 10,000 people. Could any of these factors be making it crash?

It usually happens after about an hour of working on diagrams but this period is starting to get shorter so it may become a big problem. Any ideas?
Andrew
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Crashing Diagrams

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Have you updated to 7.0.5? (I don't think there's a fix in there for this, but there are a bunch of fixes for diagram problems in there)
andrewfindlay
Gold

Post by andrewfindlay »

Hi Helen
Thanks for the tip: I was on 7.0.3 and have now upgraded to 7.0.5. I will hopefully have time to try some diagrams later today.
Andrew
andrewfindlay
Gold

Post by andrewfindlay »

Hi Helen
Many thanks: That greatly improved the situation: I have still had a couple of crashes, but only after the programme had been open a long time doing nothing but diagrams.
Andrew