* Splitting projects

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
janefrances
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Splitting projects

Post by janefrances »

Hoping for some advice with the above, I've split my husbands tree away from mine which is fine, but when I looked at mine in the individuals list, all his side are still there. although not in the focus window, What have I done wrong?
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Splitting projects

Post by tatewise »

I thought we had resolved all such issues in Splitting my husband's side of the family away from mine (17136).

Can you go over that posting and review what did and did not get completed.
It sounds like some actions were not performed and need repeating now.

As discussed in that earlier post, your husband and his direct line ancestors should not be not listed.
What you are seeing are his cousins and other more distant relatives.
I suspect his relatives are in a different Relationship Pool to your main family group and so are easily selected and deleted.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
janefrances
Famous

Post by janefrances »

Hi Mike, yes, what's happened is that I followed the "Splitting my husband's side of the family away from mine (17136) as before, but i think I must have gone wrong somewhere, but don't know where. His side of the family is all good. It's my side that's causing the problem.

The main point this time was that I wanted to upload a Gedcom file of just my side of the family. I've run a search for orphans query to find the pools, not sure of next step. Can I just select them from the results screen and delete them? Many thanks
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

If you are happy that you can identify the Pool numbers for the Individuals to be deleted then I suggest...
Make sure you have a current backup of your Project.
In the Query Result Set select all the Individual records and use the cog Menu > Add Selected Cell Records to Named List.
Then run the Split Tree Helper and Delete All Individuals found by the Query 'Named List Members' and choose the Named List used in the Query.
Under Other Records, you will want to delete those with no links to them.
Also, the plugin Check for Unlinked Media may be needed to clean up files no longer used by the Project.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
janefrances
Famous

Post by janefrances »

Thank you for your help Mike :D