* Unable to add source for newly-created fact

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Mark1834
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Unable to add source for newly-created fact

Post by Mark1834 »

Odd misbehaviour from FH7.0.4 this morning. If I create a new fact, I am unable to add a source for that fact, and the new fact does not appear in the drop down list in the yellow source pane. Source addition defaults to "whole record". Restarting FH fixes it, but it soon comes back again.

See screen grab below, adding a new baptism to the sample project.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (60.72 KiB) Viewed 1576 times
Not experimented yet with rebooting, reinstalling, and all the other usual diagnostic stuff, but anybody else seen this?
Mark Draper
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Unable to add source for newly-created fact

Post by tatewise »

Seems OK here but I'm still on FH V7.0.3.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

It'w working OK for me in 7.0.4
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

It was fine up until today, but it's getting worse. I now can't fix the problem by restarting FH or even rebooting, and on one occasion the program crashed completely when I added a new fact.

STOP PRESS - just received the following from CP, precisely 17 minutes after raising a support ticket - Thanks for reporting that, we are expecting a fix for this in 7.0.5. Looks like a bug in the new version... :(
Mark Draper
DJY
Platinum

Post by DJY »

I've had the same problem but I just chalked it up to my newbie learning curve, figuring I was doing some odd sequence that I shouldn't. Glad to hear it's not just me!

For what it's worth, I found I can add a source to the new fact (vs. the "whole record") if I first add a witness. I think that's why it seemed like an intermittent problem. I was beginning to suspect it was a bug but hadn't connected it to the fact that it appeared after CP support sent me 7.04 in response to a ticket on media. Now it makes sense! So my workaround until it's fixed is to go into the witness window, select myself as the witness, and then cancel without assigning the role. Annoying -- but an acceptable workaround until 7.05 is released.