* Census Details Overwritten

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
schofieldski
Family Historian: V7

Census Details Overwritten

Post by schofieldski »

I'm rather new to the group. I have Family Historian 7 linked to Findmypast. The Clegg and Holt families were a bit nomadic in the 1800's so they have different addresses over the years, and these are captured in the census records between 1841 and 1911. My problem is that when I find a match in a later or earlier census than a match that I've already incorporated, the existing details are overwritten when I accept the hint in Findmypast. The details from 1841 are replaced with those from 1881 rather than appearing as a new set of details. I'm obviously doing something wrong but can't work out what.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Census Details Overwritten

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

First of all, accepting a match in FindMyPast does not change the contents of your Family Historian project. Any update to FH, you have to do yourself.

A screenshot of the problem would help us work out exactly what is happening. You'll need to save it as an Attachment -- instructions are here
schofieldski

Re: Census Details Overwritten

Post by schofieldski »

Thanks for the reply. As I said, I'm new to all of this and I assumed (wrongly) that when I switched to look at hints in FH7 and ended up in Findmypast that accepting a hint would result in the new fact/source being synchronised back to the project. I now see that it doesn't, it just overwrites the address details in Findmypast.