* PDF of Reports coming out as image

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Ossie57
Gold
Family Historian: V7

PDF of Reports coming out as image

Post by Ossie57 »

Hi, Since upgrading to V7 I have found that when I print reports to PDF, the text is produced as an 'image' on the whole page. Previously in V6, I used a PDF editor to make small changes to text etc after printing it to PDF but now, I am unable to make these edits unless I run a full OCR on the resultant PDF report. Are there some settings that I need to change or update? I have checked and am unable to find anything to get the report output as text on the PDF.

Thanks for any help offered.
There is an old man in my shaving mirror!!
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: PDF of Reports coming out as image

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

This a known problem with FH7 and Calico Pie are working on it, I believe. There's a long thread on it at V7 PDF creation very slow, creating huge files (18533) which may give you some ideas (not many :( ) for alternative ways of working.
Ossie57
Gold

Post by Ossie57 »

Thank you for your quick reply and help.

This is a really big step backwards for FH in my opinion. I'm not sure that V7 upgrade has helped me much so far! :shock:
There is an old man in my shaving mirror!!
dewilkinson
Superstar

Post by dewilkinson »

In case it helps I am saving the reports as RTFs, opening in Word, then saving as PDF. Not so convenient thiugh, and image placement is changed which is annoying, to move them you need to shrink the box they are in first.
David Wilkinson researching Bowtle, Butcher, Edwards, Gillingham, Overett, Ransome, Simpson, and Wilkinson in East Anglia

Deterioration is contagious, and places are destroyed or renovated by the spirit of the people who go to them
jimlad68
Megastar

Post by jimlad68 »

I've not tried V7 yet, but even in v6 I always saved to rtf and then created pdf from there. That gives the chance to add more suitable page breaks and other formatting before final pdf.
Jim Orrell - researching: see - but probably out of date https://gw.geneanet.org/jimlad68