* Sending a list of people

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
E Wilcock
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Sending a list of people

Post by E Wilcock »

I have a project listing 145 people mentioned in the correspondence of my uncle who was killed aged 20 in WW1.
It holds little data, For some men I have date of birth, date of death and the odd note about regiment.

What is the best way of sending this list of names to a military researcher who knows nothing about gedcom?

I have sent him a GEDCOM and also a text report (page after page of multiple individual reports).

But what he asked me for is a list of names and I cant see any way of doing this nor of creating and saving a simple text list of the names.
Valkrider
Megastar

Re: Sending a list of people

Post by Valkrider »

You can create a query and then save the result as a CSV file and just send that to him. That will give him what he is asking for.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

View > Standard Queries > All Individuals then cog Query Menu > Save Result Set As... various file formats including PDF, CSV, TXT.

It includes a few extra columns of data you may not want, but does that matter? The life Dates and Birth Place might be useful.

If you really don't want those, then create a simple custom Individual Query just listing the Names and save that as above.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

Thank you both. I will now do this.
I observe that in both cases the solution involves running a query. Which did occur to me but it seemed a bit odd to concoct a query that would include everyone.