* Individual Records List

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
oldenstar
Gold
Family Historian: V6

Individual Records List

Post by oldenstar »

This is probably a very silly question but why are certain individuals not in the main Individual records List, but mostly above the alphabetical main list, or occasionally below it?
I find this list very useful when moving directly to other families.
TIA
Paul
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Individual Records List

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

I'm not sure I understand. The Individual Records List shows every individual in your project (unless you have filtered it).

Can you post a screenshot to explain what you're seeing?
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

It depends how you have sorted the list. If you click on the heading of the first column ('Individual Records') it will sort them into alphabetical order. Clicking on other column headings changes the sort order accordingly.
Lorna
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

There could be several reasons. Depending on your data entry.
Punctuation and spaces will disturb the sort order.
My alphabetical list is topped by a list of forenames of wives or other individuals whose surname is not known.
example e.g.
, Clementina
Below that comes a similar list of forenames of women whose partner's name is in square brackets
e.g. [Axmann] Frieda.
When I first came to fh, someone suggested putting the married names of women whose birth dame was unknown in square brackets, so I did for a time but was never consistent. And if one has a column for spouse, it isn't really necessary.