* Removing duplicated fact

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
ringwoodturner
Silver
Family Historian: V6.2

Removing duplicated fact

Post by ringwoodturner » 27 May 2020 16:08

Hi,
At some time in my early use of FH, I tried to create various custom attributes including 'Beneficiary', but failed to make them visible, and thought I had failed in my attempts, so tried again. Consequently, in my 'fact types', I now have two of these attributes listed, one working and one unused and unusable.
Capture 1.JPG
Capture 1.JPG (23.18 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Now, as part of a general tidy-up, I'd like to get rid of these second copies, which are shown as in 'fact set' column as <none>, and in the 'visible' column as <undefined>.
I can neither delete them (I get a warning that they are undefined)
Capture 2.JPG
Capture 2.JPG (39.42 KiB) Viewed 303 times
nor define them (I get a warning about place-holders).]
Capture 3.JPG
Capture 3.JPG (24.87 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Can anybody please suggest how I might get rid of the duplicates?
Geoff

tatewise
Megastar

Re: Removing duplicated fact

Post by tatewise » 27 May 2020 17:19

Hi Geoff,
Those are NOT Fact Type definitions, which is why it says <none> and <undefined> and you cannot delete them.

They only exist in your GEDCOM data as Custom Attributes with no matching definition.

There is a subtle difference between the Name of the BENEFICICIARY_ Attribute in your Custom Fact Set and the undefined Beneficiary Attribute below.

Assuming they should all be using the former Attribute, then the Change Any Fact Tag Plugin can convert the ones without a definition to match the ones with a definition.

In the Plugin select Source Tag Set <Custom Facts> & Source Tag Name _ATTR-BENEFICIARY and Target Tag Set Custom & Target Tag Name beneficiary and convert them all.

Conversely, you could reverse that conversion, delete the BENEFICICIARY_ Attribute, and migrate its definition to the Beneficiary Attribute which would eliminate the odd underscore at the end of BENEFICICIARY_.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

ringwoodturner
Silver

Re: Removing duplicated fact

Post by ringwoodturner » 28 May 2020 05:54

Thanks, Mike. That's done the trick.
Geoff :D