* Book page numbering

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
LesBramham
Silver
Family Historian: V5

Book page numbering

Post by LesBramham »

I have created a book on V5 but somehow the page numbers have messed up. The first 24 pages are showing with roman numerals then it changes to page 1, 2,3 etc. How can I correct this?
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: Book page numbering

Post by Jane »

I suspect none of your early pages are set as a page type of Chapter.

From the help:

The available Format values vary depending on the item type. The possible values are:
• Chapter
• Heading Level 1
• Heading Level 2
• Heading Level 3
• No Heading
• Title
• Table of Contents
• Index
Font and style settings for these are set in the Book Settings Dialog. Chapter and Index items will be listed automatically in the table of contents, if there is one. Page numbering in roman numerals starts at the table of contents, but the actual values of the numbers represent the 'real' page number (e.g. if the table of contents is on the 3rd physical page, it will be numbered 'iii'). Numbering continues in roman numerals until the first chapter is encountered at which point page numbering switches to arabic numerals and the numbers start again at '1'. This is standard page numbering policy for most books.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."