* Sentence for a still birth

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
dewilkinson
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Sentence for a still birth

Post by dewilkinson »

I have used the Stillborn option on the Death Fact but I don't like the way it just adds aged Stillborn to the end of the sentence. I can't see a way of improving this sentence using the Fact Type editor. A steer would be most welcome in case I have missed something simple. Is the only option to customise the sentence for this entry?
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (53.8 KiB) Viewed 2234 times
David Wilkinson researching Bowtle, Butcher, Edwards, Gillingham, Overett, Ransome, Simpson, and Wilkinson in East Anglia

Deterioration is contagious, and places are destroyed or renovated by the spirit of the people who go to them
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Sentence for a still birth

Post by tatewise »

Something like the following might be suitable:

{individual} {=TextIf(%FACT.AGE% = "Stillborn","was stillborn","died")} <of {cause}> {date} {place}{=TextIf(%FACT.AGE% = "Stillborn","",Text(" aged ".%FACT.AGE%))}.

But if there are only a few, editing the specific Death Sentence template is probably easiest.

BTW: Will you have similar problems with Death ages of Infant and Child which add to the complexity?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
dewilkinson
Superstar

Re: Sentence for a still birth

Post by dewilkinson »

Mike,

Many thanks, I didn't think I'd missed anything obvious.
David Wilkinson researching Bowtle, Butcher, Edwards, Gillingham, Overett, Ransome, Simpson, and Wilkinson in East Anglia

Deterioration is contagious, and places are destroyed or renovated by the spirit of the people who go to them