* Muiltiple Names in one Project

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
KiwiPeterHill
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Muiltiple Names in one Project

Post by KiwiPeterHill »

Can I enter different family groups in the same Project even if they do not connect. I have 3 or 4 Smith family groups which I am not sure they ever connect with each other AT THIS STAGE, but I would like to have the information on hand should I find the connection and need add them to my main Project.
Jane
Site Admin

Re: Muiltiple Names in one Project

Post by Jane »

Yes, of course.

Simply select Add>Unrelated Individual from the menu to add the first of each family. It can also be useful to make a named list with the root of each group for quick access.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
KiwiPeterHill
Diamond

Post by KiwiPeterHill »

Thank you so much.. :mrgreen:
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Despite its name, the Standard Query Search For Orphans will list each such distinct family group with a different Relationship Pool number. Usually, your largest main family group will have Pool number 1 and the others will have higher numbers, but they are dynamically assigned by FH and not permanently dedicated to a particular group.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

It's also useful to add a column to the Records Window, Individuals tab, to show the Pool Number. To do this, right-click on any column heading and select Configure Columns. In the next window scroll to the bottom of the list on the left and select <other>, then click the '>' symbol in the centre. Enter Heading Pool and Expression =RelationPool(), then OK. The order of the columns can be changed using the up/down arrows. You can sort individuals by Pool number by clicking on the column heading.
Lorna