* Showing life dates of person in custom report header

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
WBFamHist
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Showing life dates of person in custom report header

Post by WBFamHist »

I have produced a custom report and in the "Report Options" fields under the "Page Layout" section I have a header field "=Record()" that shows the persons name as a header - e.g. WILLIAM BROWN. I would like to add their life dates against their name in this header but despite trying various options, I cannot seem to do this. Can anyone suggest the wording so that can show the name including life dates - e.g. WILLIAM BROWN (1887-1954).

Thank you.

Richard Whitchurch-Bennett (using Version 6.2.7)
LornaCraig
Megastar

Re: Showing life dates of person in custom report header

Post by LornaCraig »

If you look at the Format tab of the Report options you will find it there, as part of the default heading: (=LifeDates2())
Lorna
WBFamHist
Diamond

Post by WBFamHist »

Thanks Lorna. I have tried that but it doesn't work in the "Page Layout" header field. I have tried many combinations including =Record()LifeDates2())). Using =Record() does put the person's name in the header, but I have been unable to find a formula that adds the Life Dates after the name.

Best regards Richard
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

You can't put functions other than those listed in the page header.

If you are using anything other than single Individual reports, remember the Page title will be the same for all pages of the report like Ancestors by generation regardless of which Ancestor it is currently reporting.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
WBFamHist
Diamond

Post by WBFamHist »

Thanks Jane. Wondered why I couldn't find a solution!
Best regards Richard