* people probably relatives

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Jan Gleusteen
Gold
Family Historian: V6

people probably relatives

Post by Jan Gleusteen »

I put people who are witness into Family Historian V6.

My question is: if there is a possibility you can see those people (relatives or not) by name in the Focus Window or in the Propety box together with the person concerned?

Regards,

Jan
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: people probably relatives

Post by Jane »

I am not quite clear how you have added witnesses as relations, I suspect you have added a fact of possible relations and added it to the Fact tab? If so you can open the witness window and leave it open while you move around your tree. Also if you have included the witnesses in the sentence for the fact they should show in the sentence line for the fact when it is selected.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Hello Jan,

I guess you are talking about Witnesses to Marriages or perhaps to Wills?

You have added those people to FH with their own Individual records and Property Box.

It is impossible to show them in the Focus Window unless they are close family relatives (spouse, parents & children).

It is possible to link each Witness to the Marriage event in the Facts tab of the Property Box.
Right-click on the Marriage event and choose Witnesses where you can Add links to those Individuals and give them a Role such as Witness or Bridesmaid, etc. Click the Help button for advice.
They should appear in the Sentence below for the Marriage event.

Those Witnesses will then appear in Narrative Reports for anyone involved with the Marriage.
We think that they will also appear in other Reports when FH Version 7 is released later this year.

Are you using Ancestral Sources to capture Birth, Marriage, Death & Census records?
That allows you to enter all the people involved in a Marriage (bride, groom, parents, witnesses, etc.) and automatically add them all to FH with family relationships and witness links.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Jan Gleusteen
Gold

Post by Jan Gleusteen »

Thank you very much for your advise!
I did as you advised and now I can see it in the focus window too.

Regards,

Jan
Jan Gleusteen
Gold

Post by Jan Gleusteen »

Hi Tatewise,
I did what you suggested.
I only didn't mention the witnesses in the factline.
After the suggestion of Jane I did and it works.
If you do so, you can read it in the focus window.

No I don't use Ancestral sources, because I am no computer expert and afraid to frustrate FH!!!
If you have some tips I can understand I"ll give it a try.

Regards,

Jan
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

If they appear in the Focus Window with the married couple then they must be close relatives.

Ancestral Sources (AS) is a companion program designed to work closely with FH.
Many users of FH find AS is very efficient at capturing new records and entering them into FH.
See ancestralsources:index|> Ancestral Sources that explains how to install and use AS with several tutorial guides.
If anything is not clear then please ask.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry