* Default folder for Project files

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
E Wilcock
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Default folder for Project files

Post by E Wilcock »

Like someone on the email maiing list, I have a new computer where data files are on the D:/ data drive.

I can navigate to the fh projects folder on D:/ and open one (which reopns if I colse and open the fh software).
But if I close that project, I haver to navigate all overr again to open another.
I havent yet found the place in fh to set the path for the Project data folder itself, that is I need to navigate to the new location and set it.
In TMG one could do this so I assume I can in fh as well.

I would appreciate advice as I shall have to move fh projects to the C drive, if there is no option to alter the default.
davidf
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Default folder for Project files

Post by davidf »

Try the "More Tasks" button in the Project Window; then Select "Project List" and "Choose location of Projects".

David
David
Running FH 6.2.7. Under Wine on Linux (Ubuntu 22.04 LTS + LXDE 11)
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

I have done it.
Thanks David - tho not quite as you suggested.
When you close a Project and are offered Browse for Project, and select that, there is the option below to set the new location as default. The location on the D:/ drive is shown in blue so all one has to do is click on that.

At least I think that is what I did.
But I did look through all choice within fh and fail to find the solution.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

It is covered in how_to:move_settings|> Move Family Historian Settings and Projects.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry