* Toolbar Font Size

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
Julie
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Toolbar Font Size

Post by Julie » 15 Oct 2019 21:28

Hi I have just bought a new laptop and reinstalled FH on it just as I have done on a previous occasion. However the toolbar font and icons in FH are now tiny. How can I increase the size of this please? The font on the Record Screen is fine. NB I have used FH since it first came out and am using V5. Thanks.

LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Toolbar Font Size

Post by LornaCraig » 15 Oct 2019 21:55

Hi Julie,
This is probably caused by having a higher resolution screen on you new laptop. In V6 you can use Tools>Preferences>Display and adjust the toolbar size to compensate for this, but I don't think that option was available in V5.

You might be able to adjust the Windows personalisation on the laptop to increase the toolbar size but this would apply to all programs, not just FH.
Lorna

tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by tatewise » 15 Oct 2019 21:55

Unfortunately, FH V5 is 5 years old and pre-dates Windows 10 and modern high resolution screens.

You will either have to adjust Windows 10 such as Start > Settings > Display > Scale and Layout that affects all applications, or upgrade to FH V6.2.7 that is better at handling high resolution screens and has Tools > Preferences > Display > Toolbar Size and Navigation Bar Text size settings.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

Julie
Silver

Post by Julie » 15 Oct 2019 22:02

Sorted - have increased the font for the whole window, but zoomed down to 80% on my browser.

Julie
Silver

Post by Julie » 16 Oct 2019 11:02

Thank you tatewise - I just hadn't got around to moving to V6 yet so must seriously consider that