* My Heritage Hints not working

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
GeneSniper
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Re: My Heritage Hints not working

Post by GeneSniper »

I see, Mike. I presumed that if I refreshed the hints it would clear the cache and replace with the updated hints only from FindMyPast. I was thinking that MH was working again as I wasn't getting those hints last week, my mistake.
William

* Illegitimi non carborundum *
Johnr65
Megastar

Post by Johnr65 »

A guy from MH phoned me today to clarify the situation. Apparently although I've only added 1 tree to their site on 29th Sept, it shows 3 of the same date and 1 from a previous date! So obviously? they can't generate hints for 4 trees but only 1, so I've got them to delete all but 1 and hope that hints will now be forthcoming within 24 hours.

May be worth you other MH users checking to see how many trees MH is holding on their site for you and either deleting the superfluous ones or getting them to do it on the phone? :?:
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

But you don't need to have a tree of your own on MyHeritage at all to use the FH internet matching. The hints are supposed to indicate whether any records in your FH project match any records in the MyHeritage databases. These may be in their historical records or in trees which other people have created and uploaded to MyHeritage. Was the person at MyHeritage just taking about matching trees within MyHeritage? If so that has nothing to do with FH.
Lorna
Johnr65
Megastar

Post by Johnr65 »

Well Lorna, it doesn't seem to work as you say it should. It seems to me that you need a subscription to MH and then add your tree and it compares your MH tree with other MH trees on their site and then projects 'hints' to FH.
The guy at MH has now deleted my superfluous trees and the hints are now coming through from MH to my FH program. :roll: :D
Valkrider
Megastar

Post by Valkrider »

@John

I don't have a tree on MH but do have an account. I occasionally get hints (when the api feels like working) but as soon as I click on a hint I am asked to subscribe so it does work as @Lorna said but maybe it works all the time for you as you have a tree there and for the rest of us without trees when it feels like it.