* Lost facilities on upgrade to v.6

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Melaniew41
Family Historian: V6

Lost facilities on upgrade to v.6

Post by Melaniew41 »

Just upgraded from v.5 to v.6. Now cannot save to .pdf and my notes don't show in the focus window.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Lost facilities on upgrade to v.6

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG Melanie. Sorry about those problems.

Regarding PDF utility try the solutions in how_to:family_historian_installation_problems#save_as_pdf_file_output_is_not_enabled|> Save As PDF File Output is Not Enabled.

For the Focus Window missing Notes, click Customize View and in Preferences for the Focus Window ensure all the desired tick options are chosen.

How exactly did you install the upgrade?
Did you ensure FH V5 was not running?
Did you install from a CD or a Download?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Melaniew41
Family Historian: V6

Post by Melaniew41 »

Thank you, Tatewise. I should have realised I had to update the v.6 upgrade. Pdf now working, which is great.
Frustrated by the Notes issue. Some of my notes show in the 'Note' box, but others only show when I click the Notes tab. I had this problem when I first got Family Historian after using Generations, and laboriously moved text to the box that showed. Now its got muddled again!
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

Upgrading to FH V6 will definitely NOT have muddled any Notes.

In FH V5 did you move your default Project Location as shown in the File > Project Window ?

Installing FH V6 will typically revert to the default C: drive My Documents > Family History Projects folder.

Are you sure you are opening the correct latest Project and not the original Generations based Project ?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry