* How to download Ancestral line of one Surname

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
gogogadgetlegs
Silver
Family Historian: V6.2

How to download Ancestral line of one Surname

Post by gogogadgetlegs »

Hi, I have downloaded my Gedcom file from Ancestry and i am trying to find out how or if i can download just one surname which would also included marriages of female children in each generation. I do not know how to do this at present.
When i was on Ancestry, i could go back to the last person in the surname i wanted to download eg 1600, and it would list all the generations i had to the present day and marriages and family of the direct line and the female side too, but only one generation of that.
Maybe this is not possible with Family Historian, or it could be i have, as yet, not enough experience.
using Ver 5.1.0 of Family Historian.
I would welcome any information which would allow me to do this procedure,
gogogadgetlegs
Valkrider
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: How to download Ancestral line of one Surname

Post by Valkrider »

I don't know about V5 but in version 6 I do this using the Export Gedcom option, select the root individual that I want and then say add using query and use the all relatives query as the source for the remaining individuals.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: How to download Ancestral line of one Surname

Post by tatewise »

I have to admit to being a bit confused.

You state "using Ver 5.1.0 of Family Historian" but your profile on the right says Family Historian: V6.2 so please clarify which version you are using and if necessary correct your profile.

You talk about "download" but do you mean import a download from Ancestry into FH, or export a GEDCOM subset of Individuals from FH, or perhaps produce a Report?

I suspect a Query will yield what you want, but not quite sure of your criteria.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry