* World Map

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
Glenn
Family Historian: V6.2

World Map

Post by Glenn » 28 Jul 2019 16:55

I wish to map a ships voyage over 3 years Using lat & long for positioning) and link it to Family Historian. Is there a plugin which will enable this?

tatewise
Megastar

Re: World Map

Post by tatewise » 28 Jul 2019 17:44

You don't need a Plugin, so I've moved this to the General Usage Forum.

Just enter the ship's Name as if an Individual, and then enter a Residence with a Place for each location on the journey and set the Lat/Longitude in the Place records.
Then when you use the Map Window for that Individual record it will show all those plots and with the Time Slider they can be revealed in time order to illustrate the journey.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

Glenn

Post by Glenn » 28 Jul 2019 18:37

That is really helpful, thank you very much. I guess I will need to create a name during the ships voyage in the 1830's, as much of the interest is whilst the ship is sailing. Thanks again.

tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise » 31 Jul 2019 08:55

Instead of the Residence fact, one of the Extended Set facts such as Arrival, Departure, or Destination may be more appropriate. See Knowledge Base > Custom Facts from other Products.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry