* Is it possible to add a new Source Type

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
dewilkinson
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Is it possible to add a new Source Type

Post by dewilkinson »

I can see how to edit a Source Type, but not how to create a new Source Type, is this possible? I have tried searching for this but the forum search engine ignores the word Source and doesn't seem to allow phrases.
David Wilkinson researching Bowtle, Butcher, Edwards, Gillingham, Overett, Ransome, Simpson, and Wilkinson in East Anglia

Deterioration is contagious, and places are destroyed or renovated by the spirit of the people who go to them
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Is it possible to add a new Source Type

Post by tatewise »

Just enter it into a new Source record.

It is just like creating a new Address or any of the other Tools > Work with Data lists.
They are not really lists, but simply a summary of the values used.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
dewilkinson
Superstar

Re: Is it possible to add a new Source Type

Post by dewilkinson »

As simple as that, and I was thinking there should be an Add New button, silly me!

Many thanks Mike for the prompt help.
David Wilkinson researching Bowtle, Butcher, Edwards, Gillingham, Overett, Ransome, Simpson, and Wilkinson in East Anglia

Deterioration is contagious, and places are destroyed or renovated by the spirit of the people who go to them