* Focus window pictures

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
janefrances
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Focus window pictures

Post by janefrances »

In my add media tab for an individual I have a group wedding photo that I've linked to their property box so I get a nice head and shoulders photo next to the husbands name. I then used the link to face for the bride's in the photo, then changed the name in the Title bar of the edit Media item box to be her name.

When I go back to the husband's focus window next to his name it shows her name next to his photo. The only way round I've found is to add new media for each person instead of linking to just the one photo. Is this the only way it can be done? I would appreciate any help. :)
LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Focus window pictures

Post by LornaCraig »

The Title of the whole picture should be something more general, like 'Wedding of X and Y'. Then when you use the Link to Face option, enter the name of the appropriate individual in the note field at the bottom of the Edit Media Item window (the white box next to the Link to Face and Select Frame buttons, NOT the Picture Note just below the Title). Then tick the Use Note as Caption button to the right of the note. By this means you can have a different caption for each frame link.
Lorna
janefrances
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Focus window pictures

Post by janefrances »

Thank you so much Lorna, worked a treat. :D