* Witness

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Andy Carruthers
Family Historian: V6.2

Witness

Post by Andy Carruthers »

Hi,
Having been using V6.2 for some time I came across WITNESS. [I know I should been through all the tutorials etc, but I'm a bloke :D ]. Anyway it appears to be a great tool for quick loading other individuals with common data. I have used it for Weddings and now started using it for Census records.
What I have discovered is that this information only appears on the initial persons 'Individual Summery Report' but not in the others [witnesses].
Is there any way round this?

Regards Andy
Regards, Andy Carruthers
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: Witness

Post by Jane »

Currently Witnessed events only appear in narrative reports and timeline queries.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
Andy Carruthers

Understood, its shame as it is a very useful tool. But I use the ISR a great deal so I guess I will have to go through and remove the entry and type each individual separately.
Andy plans for this to be amended in the future?
Regards, Andy Carruthers
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

There is more to it than that Andy, and you don't have to enter Census data multiple times.
There are Copy & Paste features that can help, so just ask for advice if you are not sure what to use.

Firstly, see how_to:recording_census_records|> Recording from a Census Record that gives the pros and cons for a Census Event per Individual versus using Fact Witnesses.

I wonder if you also have not come across ancestralsources:index|> Ancestral Sources that reduces the repetitive drudgery of entering Census and BMD records.

I recommend you study how_to:key_features_for_newcomers|> Key Features for Newcomers and explore the features of FH and AS more fully. New users often say here they wish they had spent more time understanding FH before they had entered so much data.

Unfortunately we are not party to the plans of Calico Pie.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Andy Carruthers

Thank you Tatewise. Being a bloke I didn't but I should. I have the book on order also to help.

Happy hunting.
Regards, Andy Carruthers