* Including age (in years) in a diagram box

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
londonscorpion
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

Including age (in years) in a diagram box

Post by londonscorpion »

Is it possible to report the age of an individual at the date of an event into a diagram text box . This might appear as e.g. "Died 1787 aged 42". I cannot find any variable which allows this.
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: Including age (in years) in a diagram box

Post by Jane »

Do you want the computed age or the recorded age?
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
londonscorpion
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by londonscorpion »

The computed age if no recorded age is there.
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

Have you tried the standard
%INDI.DEAT[1+].DATE:AGE_AT%

Remember you can pick this up by simply adding a new Death line and selecting the Age option in the prompt.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Are you comfortable with customising Diagram Text Schemes via the Diagram >Options > Text tab?
If not, then that advice form Jane may not mean much, so please ask for more guidance.

It may be better to use DEAT[1] instead of DEAT[1+] looping index, depending the rest of the Template.

FYI:
Explicitly recorded Age use the AGE tag %INDI.DEAT.AGE%
There is also the =AgeAt(...) function as an alternative to the :AGE_AT qualifier.
e.g. =AgeAt( %INDI%, %INDI.DEAT.DATE% )
The biggest difference is that the :AGE_AT qualifier only works for simple single Dates, whereas the =AgeAt(...) function also works for Date Ranges/Periods such as Between 1 Feb 1900 and 20 Mar 1901 or Q1 1900.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry