* Publish/Books ... question on Free Text Pages

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Senelstune

Publish/Books ... question on Free Text Pages

Post by Senelstune »

I am in the process with building a book, being a mix of my images, my text and FH generated Charts and Diagrams and Free Text.

Using the Free Text facility with no charts and no diagrams, I am having some trouble with getting the "Same Page" function to work.
Senelstune FH Book Contents Page Scr Shot 2.jpg
Senelstune FH Book Contents Page Scr Shot 2.jpg (186.45 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
Attached see contents page ... Example Chapter 13 is a Free Text Page followed by two other Free Text pages each of which prints on a new page, even though I have them set to start on the Same Page.

Any ideas ? Am I just nuts ? (Don't answer that) ... any help much appreciated.
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: Publish/Books ... question on Free Text Pages

Post by Jane »

There is something odd, I built a new book and it works fine for me, but when I do it on a long older book it skips. I'll play some more.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

It looks like a subtle bug.

Could you try setting the Source list to "At end of record on a new page" rather than "at end of Report", does this fix the paging?
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
Senelstune

Post by Senelstune »

Thanks Jane ... yes that has fixed the Same Page follow-on problem.

Can you tell me why that works - is there some conflict here ? Whereas that's fixed the matter, I'd like to understand why that works.

john
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

It's a bug, both methods should be fine. I checked with Calico and they have logged it for a fix in a future release. Meanwhile hopefully you can use the other setting.
Jane