* 'Spouses & Children' question

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
redx593
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

'Spouses & Children' question

Post by redx593 »

Hello folks,

I'm using version 5 of FH and have a question regarding the "Spouses & Children" view in the main focus window.

The children of a family are shown in the lower pane of the window. Does anyone know if there is a way of highlighting or marking your particular family member child from his siblings in the list? For example I add the details of the my grandfather and his siblings in the property box and they all appear in the focus window ok, sorted by birth date, but there is nothing to show clearly that my grandfather is the link to his descendants. Is there a way of doing this?

I hope I have explained this clearly enough.

Thanks.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: 'Spouses & Children' question

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG.

The easiest solution is to upgrade to FH V6.2 which uses a blue arrow in place of the usual focus magnifying glass icon to indicate exactly what you want.

See how_to:about:version_6.0|> Family Historian Version 6.0 under Enhancements to the Focus Window.

Alternatively, change the Rel. entry for Relationship to Parents to b=birth or d=de facto.
Then a b or d in that column shows your descendant blood line.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
redx593
Platinum

Re: 'Spouses & Children' question

Post by redx593 »

"....change the Rel. entry for Relationship to Parents to b=birth...."

Hi Mike,
Unfortunately I've got to stick with V5 because I can't afford to upgrade. So the 'Relationship to Parents' fix you suggested will have to suffice.

Thanks for the help,
Regards,
Barry.