* Birth Details in Diagrams

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Senelstune

Birth Details in Diagrams

Post by Senelstune »

I am trying to get to grips with editing using diagrams.

Looking at the Ancestors and Descendants Diagram, I have edited the Diagram Options but cannot get the Birth Fact to show.

I am wondering if it maybe to do with the TMG import.

Anyone seen this before ? Any help much appreciated.

john
Last edited by Senelstune on 07 Sep 2017 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: Id Numbers in Diagrams

Post by Jane »

You just need to edit your text scheme to include them using the =recordid() function in Diagram>Options Text Tab.

See more details here glossary:record_types_and_record_id#record_id|> Record Id
Attachments
2017-09-07_092842b.jpg
2017-09-07_092842b.jpg (129.5 KiB) Viewed 5831 times
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Id Numbers in Diagrams

Post by tatewise »

Firstly John, I suspect you have not worked through how_to:key_features_for_newcomers|> Key Features for Newcomers and in particular the ƒh Book: "Getting the Most From Family Historian" that has a tutorial in Chapter 9. Setting the Style, Layout & Content of Diagrams on Text Schemes that are what you need to alter to include Record Id.

Briefly, in the Diagram > Options > Text tab you should Clone the current Text Scheme (probably Birth, Marr, Death) so as not to disrupt that standard scheme and only change your custom version. Click Help button for advice.
Then use Edit and in Edit Text Scheme dialogue select the first Name item on right and Edit that to include [=RecordId()] as illustrated by Jane's reply. Click Help button for advice.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Senelstune

Re: Birth Details in Diagrams

Post by Senelstune »

OK .. fair enough Mike. Thanks too Jane. Back to the book.

:)

j
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

I thought this question was about Record IDs and it's now asking about Birth details did I imagine it?
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Ditto. It was about Record Id.
John, have you gone back and edited your original posting, rather than just replying?

What exactly have you edited in the Diagram Options?

If you are not careful, it is possible to disrupt the standard Text Schemes, which is why you should always work with a Clone custom copy.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Senelstune

Post by Senelstune »

Mike and Jane,

Yes, I worked out how to edit the contents of the diagram boxes and got the Id Number nicely positioned where I want it before I was aware that you had both responded to my original question. So I then realised that I had lost the birth details so I modified the original question. Silly, but that's what happened.

In short I have stuffed up the whole thing including the question ! Great start huh ?

Head bowed in shame, I am now going back to the book "Getting The Most Out of FH 6" and doing this properly.

Sorry to have bothered you both. I will be more careful in future - and go through the book and videos before asking stoopid questions.
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

Don't worry, don't forget you have the "Installation Settings" button at the bottom for any little accidents with the standard schemes.
Jane