* Census details span more than one image

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
MLawrence
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Census details span more than one image

Post by MLawrence »

Hi,

I have a Census source record, created via Ancestral Sources, which has 2 images, as the family spans more than one census page. When I use 'Publish' Book in Family Historian v5.0.7, only the first image is shown. I have checked the source record and there are 2 media records attached which are the correct images.

What do I need to do to get both images to show in the publications?

Thanks
Kind regards
Margaret

ID:6708
PeterR
Megastar

Post by PeterR »

I guess you may need to adjust the setting for Max Pics Per Source on the Sources tab in Report Options.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Although related to publishing Family Trees to a website/CD/DVD the Report Options ~ Pictures and Sources advice is much the same as for publishing Books.
nsw

Post by nsw »

Mike/Peter: Does the sources tab appear in the options for book publishing? I've not really used this feature so far but having a quick glance I couldn't see it. It appears to offer a reduced set of options when compared to reports.
PeterR
Megastar

Post by PeterR »

The Sources tab is on the Book Settings dialog.

From FH Help:
Book Settings
Opens the Book Settings Dialog, which is used to specify Source information, fonts, heading styles, headers, footers, layout, privacy settings, and more.  These settings apply not just to one item, but to the book as a whole.
MLawrence
Platinum

Post by MLawrence »

Hi Peter& Mike,

Brilliant - I had missed this option when I edited the book settings. A case of not actually reading what you see!

There is an option called Max Pics per source in both report options and book settings.

Many thanks for solving this for me.

Kind regards
Margaret
nsw

Post by nsw »

Ah so it is - thanks for that. I was just looking at the options for the reports within the book.
PeterR said:
The Sources tab is on the Book Settings dialog.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

I have added Report Content, Media, Format & Layout to the Knowledge Base which explains the various ways of getting at the Report Options, plus several tips & tricks associated with each tab.