* 2.2.3 Problem with Pictures

News and Announcements from the Family Historian World
admin
Famous
Family Historian: V6

2.2.3 Problem with Pictures

Post by admin »

There is a major problem which is occuring for some users with 2.2.3 when displaying photos in Diagrams and Reports.

Symptoms include the diagram saying it is out of memory. The recommendation for anyone with 2.2.3 is to turn off pictures in diagrams until 2.2.4 is released.

Here is what Simon has posted to the list
Bug in 2.2.3
=========
On thursday 26th we released version 2.2.3 on the Family Historian website. We have since discovered that although it fixes a number of bugs, it also introduces a new one. This is the bug that Bob Crosbie and Tommy Manson have both reported. It is a serious one in that it can cause Family Historian to crash or lockup. We have identified what the problem is and will be releasing a new version 2.2.4 which will fix the problem. We hope to have it ready for
download tomorrow (i.e. sunday 29th), but failing that will get it out a.s.a.p.
What this means:
If you haven't already downloaded 2.2.3 and installed it, we recommend that you
do not do so, and that you wait for 2.2.4 and upgrade to that.
If you have already upgraded to 2.2.3, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to
2.2.4 when it is released.
If you want to carry on using 2.2.3 while waiting for 2.2.4, be aware that the
bug is caused by pictures. It will only occur if you are displaying a report or diagram which contains pictures. So if you set your diagram options to not show pictures for the time being, you can safely use them without risk of crashing.
Likewise for reports. The bug will not always occur even if you do view
pictures. Some people are not affected by the problem.
csibson
Silver
Family Historian: None

Post by csibson »

Can anybody help me with a picture problem in 2.2.4? Clicking Insert/Pictures brings up the dialog box but none of the images on my hard disk are recognised (all are .tif format)in the preview pane. If I save them as .png they appear in the preview pane but when I try to open them in the multimedia box, the program crashes.
glio
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by glio »

I have just installed FH and am very pleased with it. I am confused by the fact that sometimes FH allows me to insert a tiff photo and at other times does not. Both tiff files have been produced in the same way with the same program.
admin
Famous
Family Historian: V6

Post by admin »

Make sure you don't select the compression option
AAD
Family Historian: None

Post by AAD »

Just recently when I opened up my Family Historian I found all my Media entry sites were blank, with just the title showing. Clicking on any of them produced a message “Unable to load object. Error on file open”
I seem to remember some one else having a similar problem some time ago, I am operating on Windows XP Pro FH V4.0.2 V. Can any one remember what the causes this and is there any solution.