* burials and cremations

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Johnr65
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

burials and cremations

Post by Johnr65 »

Is it possible to produce a list of people's names and their dates of birth, death, burial and or cremation and addresses for the d, b and c? :?:
tatewise
Megastar

Re: burials and cremations

Post by tatewise »

John, I have moved this to General Usage because you do not necessarily need a Plugin.

A custom Query based on the standard All Facts Query will probably produce what you want.

So start with View > Standard Queries > All Facts.
In the Query Menu top right choose Save As Custom Query and give it a suitable Query Name.

In the Rows tab filter down to just Birth, Death, Burial & Cremation facts:
Condition: Add if...
Expression: =FactLabel()
Operator: matches
Value: Birth
and click the Add button.

Repeat that process for Value: Death and Burial and Cremation.

To add the Address select the Columns tab.
In the Fields panel on the left select Address and click > in middle to add to Columns on right.

Run the Query and the Result Set should list what you requested.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Johnr65
Megastar

Post by Johnr65 »

Hello,
Yes that seems to work but I forgot to mention that I needed to add particular surnames and presumably that would give me their Christian names?
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

I presume you mean you want a Surname filter, such that only Individuals with a particular Surname are listed in the Result Set.

The easiest solution is to add a Rows filter that allows you to enter one Surname to be listed:

Condition: Exclude unless...
Expression: =FieldText(GetRecord(),'INDI.NAME:SURNAME')
Operator: matches
Tick Parameter on right
Label: Surname
and click the Add button.

Now when you run the Query it will prompt for a Surname to list all Individuals that match exactly.

Try an alternative Operator: such as contains or begins with if you want more flexibility.

Since you have chosen Individual Events, they never have an Attribute Value and only ever have one Owner (i.e. not Family Facts), so you can select the Columns tab and delete Value and Fact Owner 2.

You can also simplify Fact Owner 1 by changing Heading: to Fact Owner and its Expression: to =GetRecord() then click the Update button.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry