* Witness memos migrating from TMG

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
Linda Reinfeld
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Witness memos migrating from TMG

Post by Linda Reinfeld »

My death tag in TMG has witnesses, some of which have statements attached to them (she was only 2 when her mother died). These witness memos don't seem to migrate over to FH

I have other custom tags, such as FamilyPhoto, where the witness memo does migrate over to FH.

Could someone shed some light on this?

Thanks -

Linda Reinfeld
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Witness memos migrating from TMG

Post by tatewise »

Firstly, have you checked how_to:import_from_tmg|> Import from The Master Genealogist (TMG) that says "If details such as Memos are not imported to ƒh then in TMG run all File > Maintenance options and try again." which was discovered recently in thread Migrating from TMG9 to FH6 (14242).

Where are you looking for those Witness Notes?
In the Facts tab you need to select the Death event and check its Note field below.
Then right-click the Death event, or click the cog Menu below, and choose Witnesses.
In the Witnesses dialogue, select each Witness in turn and click Edit to see their Note.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Linda Reinfeld
Famous

Re: Witness memos migrating from TMG

Post by Linda Reinfeld »

Thanks Mike for the info.

I missed seeing the witness sentence by clicking on the witness of the original tag.
When I went into tools/fact types/ and edited the death tag and changed the sentence for the witness to be {%CUR~WITN.NOTE2%} then I could see the witness sentence at the bottom of the property box.

Thanks very much for the help. I'm glad the data wasn't lost.

Linda Reinfeld