* Editing

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
gwilym'smum
Superstar
Family Historian: V6.2

Editing

Post by gwilym'smum »

Hi, I have looked in Help and KB but have not been able to find an answer my query. Sometimes I find additional information or a fact which needs amending to a census for example and would like to pull up the original form in order to edit it. I looked in the log files but could not find a way to alter it. Is it possible to retrieve the original form please?
Merry Christmas, Ann
Researching Mayer, Parr/Parr, Simcock, Beech and all related families
davidm_uk
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Editing

Post by davidm_uk »

Once you have entered information in Ancestral Sources and saved it into Family Historian, you have to make any subsequent changes in FH, you can't reload it into AS, even to add information to that data item (eg census, birth etc).

AS is designed only for initial data entry.
David Miller - researching Miller, Hare, Walker, Bright (mostly Herts, Beds, Dorset and London)
johnmorrisoniom
Megastar

Post by johnmorrisoniom »

If you use Method 2 sources, then just redo the data entry in AS, replacing the existing entries, and then manually delete the extra source citations form occupation and birth entries.
If you use Method 1 sources, then open the relevant source record and manually edit the citation, the copy and paste the relevant facts to the extar persons.
Presumably this is because you have discovered that the Boarder/Visitor/Servant is actually a relative of the household, or you managed to leave someone on the next page off by accident.
John
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Yes, it depends on exactly what new information is discovered, but usually it involves editing the FH Facts, Citations, Source record, etc.

As has been said, AS is a tool for capturing initial BMD/Census records and entering them into FH that otherwise would be a tediously repetitive task. Thereafter, you edit the FH data structures in the same way you would if you had not used AS such as for non-BMD/Census records.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
gwilym'smum
Superstar
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by gwilym'smum »

Thank you all for your help. I understand now.
Regards Ann
Researching Mayer, Parr/Parr, Simcock, Beech and all related families